If you have been accused of a serious crime, chances are that you are looking at serving time in prison or paying a substantial criminal penalty. Therefore, the priority is hiring the Sydney criminal lawyers who are known for their great legal expertise and excellent negotiation skills. If you are thinking of representing yourself, you are making the wrong decision because the criminal justice system is designed in such a way that it is almost impossible to have personal representation. Therefore, instead of experiencing unimaginable emotional toll, go ahead and hire any of the Sydney criminal lawyers who can help you achieve a favorable judgment. Now, criminal cases differ, that is why the Sydney criminal attorneys specialize in different fields. If you are lucky to find a lawyer who has specialized in your criminal accusations, you’ll notice that their perception and approach of the case is different from that of attorneys who handle all criminal cases. After getting one of the Sydney criminal advocates and you’ve already agreed on the payment terms and all other matters regarding the case, you can then expect the following:
- They will work with the prosecutor to reach a favorable ‘deal’: These deals are commonly referred to as plea bargains and are tailored to prevent the probability of a prison sentence or other penalties. Ordinarily, the prosecutor will be unwilling to discuss the plea bargain with the defendant. That means that the Sydney criminal barristers chosen must have unconquerable negotiation skills.
- If you are found guilty, the Sydney criminal counselors will negotiate for a reasonable sentencing program: For instance, the attorney can negotiate for you to spend a certain amount of time in prison and the rest of the time doing community work or in a rehabilitation facility. This happens if you committed the crime because of drug or mental issues.
- The Sydney criminal legists will act as counselors to help you deal with the overwhelming emotions emanating from the weight of the accusations and uncertainty of the case outcome. The emotional torture can lead to the making of rash decisions which can greatly compromise the case. Therefore, during this time, expect to receive emotional support and advice that will help you remain objective throughout the trial.
- Expect to be briefed on the possible outcomes of the case and issues that may arise shortly: If you hire the wrong attorney, he’ll convince that all is well and relay high hopes of winning the case. However, this is not always the case especially if your crimes warrant a hefty penalty. Thus, the Sydney criminal pleaders will provide a reality check and inform you of issues that may pop up and cause a drastic turn in the case.
- Explain the repercussions of each action such as pleading guilty or not guilty: Therefore, before making any decision, the Sydney criminal defenders will analyze both the pros and cons and determine whether it is good for your personal life after the completion of the case. At times, pleading guilty may limit your chances of finding a job again.
Hiring the Sydney criminal lawyers is a smart move because you benefit from both the legal advice and emotional support.